Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

Date: July 22, 2007 10:20 AM
Caution: Not for muggles and not too long.
After just 4 hrs of sleep.....sleep? I wonder whether i really slept for these 4 hrs. I completed the book at 5 AM and trying to extricate myself from Hogwarts seemed impossible. Images of the last scenes were still swimming in my head, only the "Draught of Living Death" could put me to a sound sleep.

Two years has definitely been worth the wait for me and, for i guess, for most of them who revel in the magical world of Harry Potter. I now realise how I feel now....exactly like some one at the end of an immensely exciting and long roller coaster ride.

After 3 previous books, its a relief that the last book unlike its predecessors did not end in sorrow and grief. No body can deny it was a happy ending after all......but like the basilisk fang that struck Harry...the realisation that there are no more harry potter books to wait for and read them, I cant help but feel sad.

Harry had lived...Snape turns out to be the good guy after all (One or two tears did trickle down, when harry sees Snape's memories in the pensieve, especially when he says he has always cared for harry).... Harry Potter the last horcux..(which i refused to believe when people put forth the theory.....simply because i did not want Harry to die, which he had to if he was the last horcrux).


The book (the whole series of 7 books) which gave me the impetus to read and write has come to an end and at once a huge question pops up. Will there be any other book will be as anticipated as Harry Potter..a book which will be worth waiting for two whole years... a book that is going to break all the previous records...a book that will make the author one of the richest persons.....a book that children and adults alike would be hooked on till the end..... a book that has made the entire world plunge into another dimension......a book like Harry Potter.

Being a belligerent hoper (not hopper) I hope that there might be one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haven't read the book yet, but after reading your review I can't wait to lay my hands on it.
And yes, too bad, that there won't be anymore of HP to look forward to !

Vinny said...

DOWN WITH HARRY POTTER .. DIRTY HARRY